Question

BLOOD
Hi Doctor,

I was on holiday and noticed a few red spots in a bath tub which to me looked like blood. I tried to wipe it off with some tissue and noticed that it did not come off, even after spraying it with hot water and jik. The last people that occupied the the premises before me, was there the previous night. My biggest worry began after having a bath, when I started thinking about HIV. I had a cut on my foot and was worried that if it (the spots in the bathtub) contained HIV, can I contract the virus even though it seemed dry?

Many thanks

Dear Marlise
You have nothing to fear - only drops of wet blood will transfer HIV virus.