Question

Blood in newborn baby's stool
My daughter has a two month old baby, for the las two or three days she had been noticing small of amounts of blood in the baby's stool, this does not happen each nappy change, but it has been there. The baby is only breast fed at this stage, do you have any idea what could cause this? This is a big concern for us as my daughter suffers from Ulcerative Colitis, so needless to say this gives us huge concern.

thanks

Jenny

Jenni, if there is still blood when you receive this reply, you should take him to his paediatrician just to make sure nothing serious is the matter. It might be due to a small anal fissure or something more serious like an intestinal abnormality (I doubt that it UC). Good luck.