Question

Blood in urine
Dear Doc,

I noticed yesterday that there was some blood (small clots but visible) in my urine, I was shocked. I even used a tissue and there was some blood. I also have a pain on my lower back only at the left side. I have given birth before to baby girl who is four years old. What could be wrong.

The blood could be from your urinary tract, in which case you may have a bladder or kidney infection, a kidney stone or some other problem with the kidneys. Blood when you pass urine could also be coming from the vagina. I would suggest that you see your GP for further investigation.