Question

Blood pressure
I am 34 years and weigh 83kg. I have started a healthy eating plan and excercise routine. What worries me is that for the first time in my life my blood pressure measured higher than normal. Do I need to go on medication or will weightloss help me drop my blood pressure back to normal?

Thank you
Lee

Dear Lee
No, I think you should just keep an eye on the blood pressure, it should go down with weight loss. If your BP stays high most of the time and you have a family history of high blood pressure, eventually medication may be inevitable.