Question

BLOOD PRESSURE
Hello

I have been on 25mg Losartan for about two years as BP was 140/90 then I went back to gym lost weight,am still at gym but now last few readings have been 135/80 130/85 last two readings 140/90.

Now doc wants to push me up to 50mg Losartan which I dont want why cant I get it down a lot say to 120/80 I am 42 years old.What else will drop my BP.

JK
Cyberdoc

Hallo JK
High blood pressure is often genetic and we get even skinny, otherwise healthy people that just need to take antihypertensive medication. What you can do is try to cut down on your salt intake and try taking a teaspoon of honey each morning (the honey is a "boereraat" - not scientific at all, but some patients swear by it!)