Ask an expert

19 Mar 2007

blood tests
Trying for baby for 14 months now. My doctor has referred me to see gynaecologist in 3 months time (I live in UK). He sent me a copy of the blood tests in the meantime. I have raised testosterone of 3 and low sex hormone binding globulin at 32. I have quite regular cycles of 28-31 days. Do you think this might suggest polycystic ovary syndrome? How is that treated?
Answer 340 views
Fertility expert
fertility expert

01 Jan 0001

Dear XYZ

The above does not indicate PCOS. A better way to diagnose PCOS is a transvaginal ultrasound, a high FSH:LH ratio or a high insulin level.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9320 votes
67% - 18609 votes