Question

Bloodsugar??
Dear Cyber Doc
I am not sure what is wrong with me. I think it might be low bloodsugar. I usually eat breakfast (6:15 in the morning). Roundabout 09:00 I start to feel funny. Spinning head, little nauseas, shaking hands, thirsty, short tempered, little bit sleepy and it is as if I can not focus well. I will usually eat fruit and will feel better for a short while but this continues until lunch. If I eat a proper lunch I usually feel better, but if I don't I feel sleepy the whole afternoon and find it difficult to concentrate.
Could it be my bloodsugar? Should I rather eat a starch during mid-morning than fruit or could it be something other than bloodsugar? I am ±10kg overweight. I also started to train regularly (walking) recently. I am 28 and enjoy good health otherwise.

Foxie, it sounds like it might be due to low blood sugar. Have you ever had your blood sugar measured while you were feeling bad? That should give you an answer. You can also mail me at netdoc@mweb.co.za and I’ll send you a low blood sugar diet. If it goes away whilst you’re on the diet, you will also have your answer.
At the end of the day, the best would probably be to see your doctor and to have him do some blood tests. Good luck.