Question

Bloody sputum
I am a 65 yr old white felmale and have been experiencing fresh blood in my sputum in the mornings, which goes away fairly quickly and is only a small amount. I stopped smoking 6 weeks ago as I did have a bit of a dry cough during the night and the odd pain in my upper chest. Is this something to worry about or is it fairly common? I am not overweight, reasonably fit and exercise regularly.
Hope you can advise me as to whether I should follow this up or not.
Kind regards
Grace

Grace, I would have it checked out if I were you. The least would be a physical examination and a chest x-ray. Good luck.