Question

Blue marks under both toenails
Please advise. I have recently noticed round blue marks under each of my big toenails, no injury. Should I be concerned?
Podiatrist
podiatrist

Hi Suzie, thank you for your e-mail, discolouration under the nails is in most cases due to trauma, sometimes the bruising can appear months after the trauma, if say the trauma was at the base of the nail to the nailbed. I would suggest that you cosnult with a podiatrist that would make accurate diagnosis and rule out any other concerns. Contact Podiatry Association of South Africa for your nearest podiatrist www.podiatrist.co.za or 0861 100 249