Question

body after exercise
i have managed to get good looking abs and muscles but if i stop doing those excerises would i in the future start to gain weight?

if i start to gain weight then what sould i do to prevent this and how should i keep my body the same when i used to workout? how to i avoid getting fatter and gaining weight again?
thankyou

Hi Blazer

The simple answer is that if you just suddenly stop training altogether, and don't make any other adjustments, then it is likely that you will gain weight. The reason is that you have been training and this increases your metabolic rate and the sudden stop will cause it to decrease. Now, in order to remain weight stable you need to be taking in as much energy from food as you are using. SO, if you suddenly stop training, you decrease the amount of energy that you are using and this means that unless you also decrease the amount you take in, you will gain weight. Of course, this is oversimplified, and many things do affect this. However, I do think that it is not a great idea to just stop training. I would suggest that you at least maintain your training at about 50% of what it was previously. You also can look at doing some cardio type sessions, like running and cycling etc. I think that in the long run, this is very important to remain at a steady weight.