Question

body for life
I have to loose about 15kg and want to start the Body for life program. I'm afraid that I will build muscle instead of loosing the fat and become a big blob of muscle. Will I become bigger as soon as I start weight training? I will do 3 days cardio and 3 days weight training per week. I also want to follow the eating plan of carbs and protein, my mind says not to eat carbs and protein together, will this actually work? Will I just become bigger? I did read the book on body for life and the promises seems great, but what is the fine print and what have you experienced with people who followed this program?

Hi KB

My personal response is that I believe that people should go on lifestyle programmes that are reasonable, affordable and sustainable and which can then be part of their lives.
Therefore, if it were my choice, I would consult with a health professional or go on a programme that I knew followed this approach. Visit www.ssisa.com to find out more about our healthy weight programme or at least to consider different approaches.
Very often, big promises lead to disappointment - however, you be the judge of this.