Question

Body-for-life Programme
What is your opinion about the body-for-life programme? Is the diet a healthy balanced one?I have concerns in it being to restrictive.Do you think it is possible to follow this eating plan long term?

Dear Bonnie
I agree with you that any diet that is based on cutting out certain foods groups and restricting your food intake is not conducive to permanent weight loss. Research has repeatedly shown that you need to eat a balanced low-fat diet with a high fibre content and to do plenty of exercise to lose weight and keep it off.