Question

Boerboel- is it a good choice of dog?
HI

I have two small dogs, both x's (males). My border collie passed away last year. We need to get another big dog for 'intimidation' purposes, but also to be part of the family.
My Husband wants to get a boerboel, I'm afraid of the boerboel attacking my two smaller dogs. We will be getting it from a puppy and I'm insisting on a female, but will it get agressive towards my other dogs later on when it's an adult?
I've read various things on boerboels, from very positive to very negative.
Any advise would be greatly appreciated.
cybervet

The boerboels can be very placid dogs but most are probably tending to be very good watch dogs that can be aggressive. Even the females can be aggressive. If you want to go that route visit the breeders and meet the parents and see what their temperaments are like. Having a puppy is ideal as it can grow up with the other dogs in the home.