Ask an expert

28 Jan 2013

My father has a painful boil in th groin area. He is a very religious man who doesn''t wanna go to a doctor or hospital. So can you please recommend home remedies that he can use.
Answer 649 views

01 Jan 0001


Ideally, your father will need an oral course of antibiotics. If the abscess is not treated by surgically draining the puss, it can lead to serious infection. You will have to convince your father to consult a doctor. In the interim, he can apply Bactroban ointment, three times daily and use Myprodol capsules to combat the inflammation and pain. A warm compress will also assist in alleviating the pain. He should not squeeze the boil at all.


Dr Anrich
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9323 votes
67% - 18743 votes