Ask an expert

17 Jan 2008

Boil in Rectum
I have recently got a boil on the outside edge of my rectum, what would be the best way to treat it? and to what kind of doctor should i go?its a bit embarrassing.
thank you
Answer 2,081 views

01 Jan 0001

Hi Jessy
Must be quite sore too! Let your GP have a look to see if you need referral to a surgeon. Doctors are used to seeing boils and things on every part of the body so there is nothing to be embarrassed about. Trust me he will be thinking what to do next, not about where he's looking!!
Dr Bets
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.