Question

boils??

About 4 months i had a terrible red "lump" on my leg like a boil. the dr lanced it and a lot of pus came out. I also had to have antibiotics. the dr said it was a spider bite. I now have one on my tummy and another on the back of my leg. Huge red lumps with no head, and around each lump it is very red. i am sure they are not spider bites again. could it be boils???it is extremely painful

Dear Diane
It can be boils caused by Staphilococcus areus, a bacteria that lives on our skin but that sometimes "take over" and cause problems. Try putting Bactroban on the areas and cover up with a Bandaid, for a few days, bath with antiseptic soap like Hibiscrub, and ask your doctor for oral antibiotic if this does not help.
dr BEts