- ADHD Expert
- Allergy expert
- Anti-ageing expert
- Asthma Expert
- Arthritis expert
- Breast cancer expert
- Cancer expert
- Cough Expert
- Oral health expert
- Depression expert
- Diabetes expert
- EnviroHealth expert
- Family law expert
- Fertility expert
- Flu expert
- Headache expert
- Healthy Bones
- Hearing Expert
- Hypertension expert
- Incontinence Expert
- Labour lawyer
- Meditation Expert
- Oral health expert
- Sex expert
- Sinusitis Expert
Thank you for the question.
My apologies but I am confused with what you mean regarding bold spots. Are you referring to dark pigmented marks on the skin or are you referring to hair loss in specific areas on the face and head leaving bald areas.
I will presume you mean bald spots or small areas of hair loss. There are a number of causes for these bald spots:
Alopecia: this is an autoimmune condition where your own body’s antibodies start to destroy your own hair follicles. This can be managed by injecting small amounts of steroid in the affected areas. Unfortunately, there is no cure for alopecia.
Fungal infection often referred to as ringworm: tis tends to be circular in shape and may be accompanied with itchiness and even some red and flaky skin. One would need an antifungal topical treatment and occasionally oral medication as well.
Side effects from medication: these would need to be stopped.
Following the above your best option would be to see a dermatologist or your family doctor who can examine the skin and the areas of hair loss, make a diagnosis and from there decide on the best treatment options.
I hope the above has helped.
- Coronavirus morning recap: Recommendations for SA hotspots, and latest on vaccines
- Covid vaccines update: Trials, results - what we know so far
- OPINION | Why an antidepressant could be used to treat Covid-19
- How does the coronavirus reach the brain? Scientists have found out
- Researchers identify physical features that could make someone a Covid-19 super-spreader
- EXCLUSIVE | Covid-19 vaccine: SA missed first payment window to join COVAX, a global vaccine access initiative
- WATCH | Knysna, a popular town on the Garden Route, in the midst of Covid-19's second wave
- SA’s most vulnerable may ultimately pay the price for higher public sector wages, court hears
- Preview: Ramaphosa to face first motion of no confidence
- Ron Derby | We need to reform the state, maybe take a cue from the Iron Lady