Ask an expert

30 Jun 2005

Bone and joint problems
I have inflammation in most of my joints but the worse iis in my my right ankel and left writst. I have had all the blood tests, x-rays done. None of which picked up any arthritis. I have had two operations in the last year to remove inflammation on my ankel. I now have been referred to a Rheumatologist for further testing. Do you have any suggestions as to what could be causing this problem. I am 27 yrs and am otherwise very healthy.
Answer 366 views
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

01 Jan 0001

Dear Michelle
I am glad that you are going to see a rheumatologist as some arthritic conditions are what we call sero-negative(cannot be picked up in the blood) and you will need an expert like a rheumatologist to diagnose and treat you. This person will also be able to give you more information on the probable causes etc.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.