Question

Bone and joint problems
I have inflammation in most of my joints but the worse iis in my my right ankel and left writst. I have had all the blood tests, x-rays done. None of which picked up any arthritis. I have had two operations in the last year to remove inflammation on my ankel. I now have been referred to a Rheumatologist for further testing. Do you have any suggestions as to what could be causing this problem. I am 27 yrs and am otherwise very healthy.
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Michelle
I am glad that you are going to see a rheumatologist as some arthritic conditions are what we call sero-negative(cannot be picked up in the blood) and you will need an expert like a rheumatologist to diagnose and treat you. This person will also be able to give you more information on the probable causes etc.