Question

Bones Knowhow

Dear Doc.

How should I know Dear Doc. about how to keep my bones healthy? How exactly I cna figure it out if i need any supplement or etc in order to keep my bones healthy.Am working as a receptionist where i use to stay standing for longer periods.Someitmes I feel pain in the lower legs if i just run for less than five minutes.

Thanks in anticipation.
jazz
Healthy Bones
Healthy Bones

Dear Jazz
The things to do to keep your bones healthy are very simple- (1)ensure an adequate calcium intake of at least 1000 mg per day (2) Regular exercise of walking at least 3x per week, (3) don't smoke and (4) limit alcohol to 1 drink per day. Exercise is really important. If you need to stand for lomg periods, try some passive exercises like flexing and rotating the ankles while you're standing.