Question

BORDERLINE DIABETIC??
Late last year I was hospitalised foer 12 days with pneumonia during which time I was given cortisone. My sugar went crazy going from 6 to 17. My doctor said my sugar level was affected by the cortisone and that it would settle down again but that he did suspect I could be a borderline diabetic as this runs in the family. I had it checked the other day and it was 6.2 which seems okay BUT my appetite is out of control. I am honestly 'starving' all day long but I eat mostly good food. After a decent meal of regulated protein, starch and veggies - when any normal human being would be satisfied - I then HAVE to have something sweet. I used to be able to control my eating to a normal pattern but I embarrass even myself with my 'hunger.' I hate myself cos I feel I am being greedy but I know I'm not....I just want to eat and eat. What's going on Doc?? I'll wait until you have time for your reply. You are SO busy.

Maggie, I think the best would be to find out exactly where you stand with the diabetes thing. You should have blood taken for an HbA1c and a glucose tolerance test. Once you have the results, let me know and we’ll take it from there. Good luck.
PS. Please post your reply as a new question and not below my reply because I won’t get your reply if you do.