Question

Boy cant sit still-flying
Hi there
I just need some advice my son is almost 3 years old, he is not Add or something, he just cant SIT still for longer than 10 minutes, the last time our flight from Cape Town was a horror, he did not want to sit down, he threw up ect ect, now next week I am flying alone with my two kids, and I am terrified on how I will be able to handle him, by the way all painkillers en meds makes him hyperactive and not drowsy, so 5ml stopayne wont do the job. Do you have any advice for me please?
Thank you

This scenario strikes fear in many parents and you should not feel alone. The key is to plan some activities and to calm your child and reassure him of his safety. Please refer to the following article, which provide insightful tips: http://www.ehow.com/how_8236164_calm-3yearold-flying.html

Ask your pharmacist for a non-sedating anti-emetic to prevent nausea. To combat ear pain, give a child a lollipop to suck on, in order to equalise the pressure in the ears.