Ask an expert

13 Jan 2003

Boyfriend has been "diagnosed" with depresion
I would just like to know what I can do to help him live a happy life ntraully! what kinds of food would be better to eat and what to stay away from (i do understand that it is a chemical imbalance) i would just like to encourage a more happy healther way of living in our home - it could help!
Answer 366 views

01 Jan 0001

GWTH, trying to treat depression with diet alone is very dangerous. I think the best would be for him to take an antidepressant and then modify his diet to improve his general well-being. DietDoc will be the best person to help him with the diet, but you have to remember that taking “chemicals” will be the mainstay in treating this chemical imbalance. Good luck.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.