Question

Breast muscles
Hi there,

Please could you give me some advice - I'm a 19 year old girl who's never done much exercise so I'm not muscular, but I'm not fat either - I'm 69kgs, 1,8m tall.

My breasts are a size 36C - so they're not small - and although they aren't sagging, I would love it if they had more lift and were more firm. They lack definition on their outer sides also.

Could you please recommend the best exercises for me to do to improve their shape. I have already looked at the "Shape Up for Summer" program and "Wow" - could you perhaps recommend other exercises? How many reps a day and how many days a week will I need to do to see a difference?

Thanks SO much for your time! I really appreciate any advice you can give me.

Lolly

Hi Lolly

Great - I'm glad you've looked at these programmes - since the chest exercises are the ones on which you could focus eg press up, bench press, pec dec etc.
I'd start off with 15 repetitions. In the third week or so, you could do 2 sets of reps if you feel strong. Don't use weights that are too heavy - since you must be able to complete 15 repetitions and should feel tired at the end, but not so fatigued that you can't continue.

Breasts are predominantly made of fat and glandular tissue which you can't "train" like muscle, however, you can work the muscle underneath the breast - ie. work on the chest area.

Good luck.