Question

Breastfeeding
I have a 9 month old baby and breast feeding in the evenings and weekends. I am currently taking microval. Is the pill still safe for my baby at her age? Is it advisable that I still continue with this pill as I have been taking it for +- 8 months? If not what alternative pill can I take, that will not have hormonial things in it (i.e. safe for the baby) and not reduce my milk flow as I still want to continue to breast feed.

Regards,
Pharmacist
pharmacist

Hi Nadi

This is the preferred pill if you are stll breastfeeding and no adverse effects have been reported in infants of mothers taking this medicine.