Question

Breastfeeding Mom needs tonikum
Is it safe for a breast feeding mom to take Vita Thion as a tonikum to increase energy levels as sleep is very little. Does it affect the baby in any way eg Sleeplessness or lessen the production of milk or gives the milk a taste? Any other advice on how to encrease milk production as well as energy levels would be appreciated.Thank you.

Kind regards
Bettie

Dear Bettie
Congratulations on the birth of your baby. It can be most exhausting when one gets so little sleep at the beginning. It may help if you take small naps whenever the baby is sleeping (if this is possible). I checked in my copies of the MIMS and MDR and there are no contraindications for Vita-Thion during breastfeeding. To increase milk production you need to drink plenty of liquids (milk, water, etc), to get lots of rest (which does not seem an option in your case) and to relax (deep breathing and relaxing exercises may help). The more the baby sucks the more milk you should produce, so hopefully you will produce more milk as baby gets stronger and sucks more vigorously. If you are very tense, then you should discuss this with your dr because there are some medications such as Eglonyl that can be used to relax breastfeeding Moms and increase milk production. So talk to your dr or gynae about this.
Hope you get more rest soon