Question

Broken mother
Hello to Cyber Doc all in the forum !
I am a single mom aged 52. How does one get over the a happy festive season...when all the children and grandchildren have to return to their homes ie. the UK, St. Lucia, KZN and another visiting in Beaufort West ? When we said our goodbyes it felt as though a piece of my heart had been ripped out of my body, I could not breath and I felt completely numb. Every room of the flat was a memory. This was the first time I had seen my eldest son ( UK) in 5 yrs and met my granddaughter. My eldest daughter and two grandsons KZN decided to settle 7 months ago. My youngest daughter went to visit her fiances "friends" in Beaufort West. So there I was broken up and on my own.
I know there are people who are far worse off than me who probably dont ever see their chikdren. I was fortunate enough for them to visit.
I am just so terribly torn up in side. How do I get over this ??
Is there a book I could read to teach me not to love so much and how to let go.?

Margo, the best would be to fill your day with other things and people. Although friends won’t be able to take the place of family, they can be every good second best. If you’re busy enough there won’t be time left to feel lonely, so find something constructive to do. If you feel your loneliness is more than the norm, the best would be to drop CyberShrink a line. Good luck.