Question

brother has mass or lump on his chest

My brother, who is 18, has always had an odd shaped chest. Well, part of it is convex. It's over the center, kinda to the left. I am no expert, but it feels like the bone pokes up too and not just muscle. Size in area comparable to the palm of your hand. The older he got, the more muscular, the more prominent it became, but never was really that noticable under clothes. My father and only paternal uncle were also born with these, only their's were on the right side. My brother is the first that I know of to be bothered by it. In the last six months it has begun to ache and be sore to the touch. There also seems to be swelling or knots. I always put it off as one of those quirky genetic things but if it's making him uncomfortable could there be a problem?

Kristen, It’s difficult to say what the problem is without being able to examine him first, but since it has been acting up the best would be for him to see his doctor and have it sorted out. Good luck.