Question

Bruise
Hello Doc, Could you give me some advise. I bruise extremely badly and do not even know what has caused bruising. This is getting worse as time goes on. Any ideas?

Oxy, I suppose you have been to the doctor and he said everything was OK. If that is the case, it might be that you suffer from purpura simplex. Purpura simplex or easy bruising is the most common vascular bleeding disorder and is characterised by increased bruising due to increased vascular fragility. It is more common in women and bruises develop without any history of trauma on the thighs, buttocks and upper arms. There is no history of other abnormal bleeding, but there might be family members suffering from the same problem. Sufferers have a normal full blood count and clotting profile, and no drugs seem to prevent it.
Purpura simplex is not serious, but making the wrong diagnosis is. My advice would be that you go for a good physical examination, have a full blood count and a clotting profile done, and maybe avoid aspirin containing drugs (seldom a cause). Good luck.