Question

Bruising
Dear Doc
I'm in my mid forties, gym regularly, eat healthy, but ........ are always full of bruises. The slightest bump, knock etc. leaves me with bruises that lasts for up to 3-4 weeks. Don't think I've ever been without one somewhere on my body. Am I lacking something in my diet?

Dear Bubbly
I have discussed this problem with a Dermatologist who says that in most cases there is no definite reason for this type of reaction. You could try taking a complete vitamin and mineral supplement like Centrum or Supradyn Forte for 2-3 months to see if the additional vit C helps to prevent capillary fragility. Having a general medical checkup is always a good idea, just in case there is an underlying problem.