Question

Brutal sex.
Hi.

I'm worried and want to know if I should be, or if this is normal. I have been sexually molested daily (well, whenever he was home) by my father and other men, from the age of 6 to 16. I never had a problem with sex, but was, and is, rather obsessed with it.

My father used to be agressive about it and often strangled, choked or near drowned me while doing his business. Thing is, I started to like my sex violent. I like to be handled rough while on it.

I recently started watching rape movies on the computer and find that really turns me on. But now normal sex seems so pointless and stupid! Do I have a problem, or is this normal for someone in my position?

I am a woman.

Thank you.

Becoming somewhat obsessed about sex is one of the recognized possible results of earlier molestation, as is an unfortunate interest in situations that in some ways repeat the insult that was done to you earlier. Yes, you do have a problem, which seems to be limiting your capacity to enjoy ordinary sex, and which could be highly dangerous if you were ever to be tempted to dabble in situations seeking rough sex. See a good CBT oriented therapist, and work this through.