Question

Bullterrier and skin!!! help
My female bullterrier is pure white, she is approx 3 years old now, recently her skin is in really bad shape, pink blotches where she has scratched so badly that it has even bled. I am feeding her ULTRA dog, which i get from my vet. I did have her on Science Diet sensitive skin for a while and her skin was great. Do you think its the food that i am feeding her or do you think its a kind of skin cancer (white bullies are famous for developing skin cancer). Am worried. The Science Diet food is so expensive so what else can i feed her to help with this conditon. Should i also be giving her OMEGA tabs????

Dear Tanya

You can stay on Ultradog but put Efazol or Mirracote over the food daily. Unlikely to be cancer at this age. Also rule out sarcoptic mange/fleas etc. You can dip her with Ectodex if you suspect mites. Allergex tablets tice daily also help reduce inflammation manage difficult skins.