Question

BUNIONS
I've got terrible bunions on my feet. The right foot are the worst. The past 3 months it is very painful and after a day's work even more. What can be done and who must I see about this problem.
Foot expert

You must start at the podiatrist, and there are a few things that must be done
1) Your feet must be x-rayed, there are certain criteria that we look at, to determine if conservative treatment will alleviate your pain (they will not get red of the bunion), if that is the case then try conservative measures first
2) if your bunion is beyond those criteria, then you will be referred to an orthopaedic surgeon for surgical management
South African Podiatry assn 0861 100 249, please ask the SAPA secretary for a podiatrist who has an interest in biomechanics