Question

Burmese Boy has killer breath.
As you know, Burmese are very vociforous cats. My purebreed is 9 months old and I strictly only feed him dry Hills pellets and he loves water. No milk, no other stuff is given to him. When he miaows (usually when his face is at close range to ours) it makes our eyebrows singe due to his smelly little breath. His teeth are clean, I checked.

Hi Jacqui

Hills t/d works best as a food to combat teeth problems. Use CET toothpaste as well. I would suggest that you take them for a check up as they may need a scale and polish.

Bad breath can stem from several treatable sources which, if left unattended can end up being a real problem. Some diseases:
Kidney disease
Diabetes
Dental and oral cavity disease
Gingivitis, stomatitis, periodontal disease, and advanced periodontitis
Cancers of the mouth, or lodged foreign material may also lead to bad odors.

Cats with nausea from kidney disease or from local mouth irritation may also drool a lot, and fuss when eating, perhaps throwing the food out the side of the mouth or showing exaggerated chewing motions with the head. They may also resist being petted along the whisker pad area near the sore teeth.

The bottom line is that the presence of bad breath is often more than just a simple annoyance. If you smell abnormal smells, visit the vet.