Question

Burning Calories
Hi Doc.
I am 36 years old. I weigh 80kg. 176 LBS. Height 1.54.

How many calories should i burn in a day, to loose 1- 1.5kgs in a week?

Dear ZMB
Your present BMI = 33,8, which is in the obese category, so it would be a good idea to lose weight. To lose weight you need to firstly reduce your daily energy intake by eating an energy-reduced, low-fat, high-fibre diet (click on 'DietnFood' at the top of this page, then on 'Healthy Diets' and then on 'Slimming Diet' for a copy of such a diet), and increasing your energy output by doing regular exercise (running, jogging, skipping, cycling, swimming, join a gym or Walk for Life) for at least 30 min a day. This combination should ensure that you lose between 0,5 and 1 kg per week. Higher weightloss per week like the 1.5 kg, you mention is very hard to achieve. You may be able to increase your losses by doing very intensive exercise for longer periods, but please don't start off doing intensive exercise if you have not been active before because this may cause injury. Slower, but steady weightloss is more desirable because it improves your chance of keeping the weight off.
Holding thumbs that you can lose steadily