Question

burning sensation in legs, shins & feet
Hi my boyfriend is experiencing a burning sensation in his shin on the left leg as well as the ankle & feet, it is not the first time he is feeling this. Due to the work he does he is on his feet most of the time. What type of specialists should he see and any idea what may be causing this or what the problem is.
Holistic bone Doc

Dear Elisha,

Thank you for your question. I am unsure how old your boyfriend is and this may make a difference to the cuase of his problem. The three most lilely causes of his pain are either nerve irritation, vascular insufficiency or persistemt local muscle spasm. All three could be a possibility in this case.

I would suggest that as an inital line of therapy he consults an Osteopath, Physio or Chiropractor. They will be able to ascertain the most likely cause of his symptoms and devise an appropriate form of treatment or an appropriate referral if necessary.

I hope that this helps.

Best wishes,

Dr. Gary Riley