Ask an expert

26 Jul 2007

burning sensation in legs, shins & feet
Hi my boyfriend is experiencing a burning sensation in his shin on the left leg as well as the ankle & feet, it is not the first time he is feeling this. Due to the work he does he is on his feet most of the time. What type of specialists should he see and any idea what may be causing this or what the problem is.
Answer 375 views
Holistic bone Doc

01 Jan 0001

Dear Elisha,

Thank you for your question. I am unsure how old your boyfriend is and this may make a difference to the cuase of his problem. The three most lilely causes of his pain are either nerve irritation, vascular insufficiency or persistemt local muscle spasm. All three could be a possibility in this case.

I would suggest that as an inital line of therapy he consults an Osteopath, Physio or Chiropractor. They will be able to ascertain the most likely cause of his symptoms and devise an appropriate form of treatment or an appropriate referral if necessary.

I hope that this helps.

Best wishes,

Dr. Gary Riley
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
34% - 9250 votes
66% - 17787 votes