Question

burning sensation in mouth
hi, my mom suffers from a burning sensation inside her mouth almost every day along with fatigue (which is often severe). she works at a scientific institute which uses formaldehyde all the time but recent tests indicate no formaldehyde poisoning.what else could it possibly be? according to her Dr she is in good health except for slightly high cholesterol levels(which is also a puzzle as she is a very health conscious vegetarian) This has been going on for more than a year and recently some of her colleagues have been complaining of strange symptoms too. Do you have any ideas? Also, if her Dr remains at a loss who should she turn to?

Tracy, I don’t have any answers for you, but I think a specialist physician might be able to help. At least he should be able to tell her whether it is due to poisoning and exactly what the mechanism is (neurological, metabolic, etc). Whatever she does, she shouldn’t just leave it as it might lead to irreversible problems. Good luck.