Question

burning sensation in my left leg
I developed a painless swell on the left knee. After a week I then felt a burning sensation on the inner side of the left shin, from knee to base of foot as if my nerves were exposed or like the skin has been peeled off. After a while the pain spread to the whole leg, the chest and buttocks. A specialist physician said it was to do with a disorder in my nervous system and he precribed amytriptyline. The pain and the swelling went off after a week. A month later the same problem has come back, more intense now, but the swell is not there, although I feel a slight pain in the joint when I walk. What could it be? arthritis or extrapulmonary TB?

Burning, I suppose it’s possible that it’s arthritis or extrapulmonary TB, but it’s more likely that something is pressing on a nerve somewhere. You can try taking an anti-inflammatory drug like Arthrotec®, Brufen®, Celebrex®, etc, but if it doesn’t clear up within a couple of days, the best would be to see your GP. Good luck.