Ask an expert

27 Mar 2007

Burning vaginal pain when urinating!
I have a MAJOR problem.
I had sex with a guy about 4 months ago and the condom got stuck inside me, I found it a day later after feeling discomfort- when I pulled it out it was full of blood and bits of skin... As the months went by I started getting a horrific pain when urinating but left it thinking it would go away... only to get worse... It's now constant pain all the way up inside my vagina and when I urinate it's just unbearable. I went to a gyne but they seem to see nothing wrong.. I am so worried and don't know where to turn. Other symptoms I get is a pain in my lower back and lower abdomen to one side.. It's affecting my life so much- I need advice/ help please!!!
Answer 456 views

01 Jan 0001

Dear Sha22
You probably need to see an urologist to have a cystoscopy - it is an examination under anaestetic where they look with a very thin tube inside the bladder and urinary tract - the tube is soft and pliable so you don't really have any side effects afterwards . I agree with you - something is seriously wrong! Did the gyne test your urine at all???
Look on under medical for an urologist near you or ask your GP to refer you.
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.
Voting Booth
Have you entered our Health of the Nation survey?
Please select an option Oops! Something went wrong, please try again later.
33% - 9321 votes
67% - 18655 votes