Question

Butter fish
hi Diet doctor

I ate some Butter fish from Woolies last night and later on had the runs big time. I had cold shivers during the night as today am also chilly. The fish seemed fresh so do you perhaps know why I got food poisening from this fish?

thanx
Alison Day

Dear Running
No I don't think you had food poisoning. Butter fish has such a high fat content that it can cause sever diarrhoea in susceptible individuals. The reaction of your body to this 'purge' probably caused the cold shivers. Either avoid this fish in future or only eat a tiny portion.