Question

Bypass
Hi Doc, I had a Smallbowl rection in Sept 2007, lost 8kg in the first 2 months and NOTHING since. I am morbid obese and this op. was such a big step - and now this. I am so depressed...

Any advice?

Dear M
I trust that you are under the care of a health team consisting of your surgeon, a dietitian and a psychologist? If not, please do consult a clinical dietitian. Visit the website of the Association for Dietetics in SA at www.adsa.org.za and click on 'Find a Dietitian' to find a dietitian near you. You must be under the care of a dietitian who will assist you with the correct diet to promote weight loss so that this operation is not in vain.