Ask an expert

12 Aug 2008

C Section
I had an emergency c section last year and I have ended up with quite an ugly scar. It is quite a fat scar and bulges a little. I have used every scar ointment and potion on the market!!! I know that I will more than likey end up having a second caesar as natural is not advisable and I would just like to know what measures can be taken to minimize scarring. Should I consult with my gynae in this regard or should I see a dermatoligist. After the caesar could I ask for a cosmetic surgeon to do the stitching so as to hopefully heal with a nice neat scar?
Thanks for your input.
Answer 411 views

01 Jan 0001

The best option would be to have a plastic surgeon assess the scar. Whether he will do anything at the time or afterwards, you would have to discuss with him.

Best wishes
The information provided does not constitute a diagnosis of your condition. You should consult a medical practitioner or other appropriate health care professional for a physical examination, diagnosis and formal advice. Health24 and the expert accept no responsibility or liability for any damage or personal harm you may suffer resulting from making use of this content.