Question

Calcium supplement
My 14 months old son is lactose intolerant. He was intolerant to breastmilk as well as the powder supplement. Once I put him on soya milk, all dysentry stopped. Now he refuses to drink the soya milk. Is there a calcium supplement that I can give to him daily? He loves broccoli and I try to buy calcim fortified foods and drinks, but I need to be sure he is getting the right amount for his body. Please advice.

Mother, he needs to take about 800mg of calcium in total per day. He should be able to get it from meat, fish, cereal products, beans, fruits and vegetables. If you want, you can give him some Clusivol® or Vi-daylin® with minerals (5ml per day). Good luck.