Question

CALF MUSCLE
My son who is presently doing pre-season soccer training, playing indoor hockey and doing gym 3 times a week is suffering with a pain in his calf muscle. It developed on a day when he wasn't doing any of the above, but merely walking at school!! He tried to run last night, but couldn't manage. What do you suggest?

Hi Fiona

I suggest you go to a Sports Physician and get it checked out, if it doesn't subside in the next 48 hours or so. Correctly diagnosed, the strain can then be treated appropriately. Please suggest to him NOT to try to run through pain - since this will just worsen the injury.

Good luck.