Question

Can acne be affected by diet?
I am 30 years old and have recently developed acne, mainly on my forehead, which doesn't seem to be clearing up with conventional creams and medicines prescribed by my dermatologist. I am getting desperate as it is itchy and unsightly. Could you please give me some advice as to what foods could be aggravating this or perhaps what I should eat to help my skin clear up? I lead a fairly active lifestyle and eat healthily. I would be most grateful for any advice!

Dear Tambi
Acne is caused by a hormone imbalance and there is no link to diet. Go back to your dermatologist and ask him/her to change your treatment to a product like Roaccutane, etc, to clear the condition once and for all.