Question

Can foreskin shrink due to lack of sex?
Dear Doctor,

I could not find anything on this issue..

My husband an i have not had sex in about 10 days. About 3-4 days ago he said that he is having trouble pulling back his foreskin. (He doesn't really have a tight foreskin) He claims it is because of the lack in making love, that the skin needs to be stretched constantly.. (he does not masturbate)

Can this happen?

Because of this tightness, the foreskin started to get small tears, and a redness. Now, if he didn't pull it back in every few hours (which is very painful) it goes almost completely closed. We are desperate. Please help?

Thank You very much.

Dear Ednaloy
No it is not because of not having sex - he can pull it back when he goes to the toilet or when he baths or showers. I think he has a candida infection in the foreskin- he needs to see your GP and get medication.