Question

can Herpes curse cevical cancer?
i am 28, i found out when i was 26 that i hv herpes, my doctor told me that it will come and go and surely it does, i used to get it everytime i go on my period, but now i hardly get it at all last yr i got it mayb 3-4 times and this yr it hasn' t came. now my problem is that i went to do a pap smeer last yr and i was given 6mnths to comeback cause i was told that my cells are not normal and 2 day i heard on the radio in passing that herpes can curse cevical cancer, if this is true how can i prevent it?

Current research does not show a clear connection between herpes and cervical cancer. It appears more likely that other viruses such as HPV (genital warts) may be linked to cervical cancer.
If a woman has genital warts, a herpes infection might increase the spread of the wart virus deeper into the tissues of the cervix.
Like most women, women with genital herpes should have a Pap smear test on a regular basis, and should return for your Pap smear when advised by their doctor. Treatment is available if the cells show changes that indicate it is necessary.