Question

can i split my cardio?
thank you for anwesring my question. My goals are to loose weight, i want to loose about 12kg's. The reason i wanted to spilt my workout is i just find it works better with my schedual, but if its going to hamper my weight loss in anyway i would make the extra effort to do it all in one shot. So that is basically what i need to know, will it help me loose weight more efficiently if i combined the time or will it not make a difference at all in weight loss terms.

HI Lilly

I think the most effective results will then come from keeping it together in one session. there are numerous reasons for this, the main one being that you should try to get to that point where you are really burning the most fat and that requires a sustained bout of exercise. It'd be a real shame to start off, but the stop at 15 minutes, just when you are really starting to use your body's stores of fat (which is the goal for fat burning during training). So without going into the details of how the body uses different during exercise, the practical advice is to try to get 30 minutes in one go, as opposed to 15 minutes twice.