Question

CAN I USE DIET PRODUCTS
HI DOC . . . CAN I USE A DIET PRODUCT WHILE USING THE TRIPHASIL CONTRACEPTIVE PILL

Dear Jay
This depends on the type of slimming aid you intend using. If this is a product that causes diarrhoea (because it contains a laxative or herbs that cause diarrhoea) then it could interfere with the absorption of the contraceptive and should be avoided. Diet pills are generally not to be recommended because they cause a long list of negative side-effects of which dependence and addiction are probably the most serious. Rather use a balanced, low-fat diet and exercise to achieve weight loss.
Take care