Question

Can it work young men much older women
Can a relationship sexually and normally work between a man and a woman 17years his senior? I wanna know if my friend is wasting his time. I am with a young women and sex is ok. Won't he have urges to be with younger women? Is he still gonna be friends with us or are he gonna have old men as friends or is she gonna lose her friends and hang out with us?
Can they ever have friends or will it be only them two?

It can work out, and usually has significant problems. But it's apparently your FRIEND's relationship, not yours, so you can only gently sugest that he consider possible problems. And surely they can, if they chose to, both hkeep their existing friends and make new ones.