Question

Can love die?
I have been in a relationship for about 7 years and it has been quite rocky. Communication,respect,trust,maturity and jealousy played a big part in it. We have two kids and this has made things a bit more complicated. There was also a lot of verbal abuse. I decided to move out, but recently we reconciled after breaking up and the other problem is that I cheated on my partner. I do not justify this, but I was longing for affection. We have gone for counselling but no progress. I have lost my zest for life I always fight and I am very negative. I love my partner and my children, but I feel like I am dragging them down with my unhappiness and depression. I want to make myself as well as my partner and children happy. I want to be at peace and contribute positively!!! I do not want to lose my family. I feel empty and have a lot of mixed emotions. I want to show my partner how I feel but I do not know how to. Is there something major wrong with me?Please help!!!!!

Dear Hopeless,
Sorry to hear of the ongoing problems, and that counselling hasn't helped much SO FAR. Give it a fair chance, and if things aren't progressing usefully, be sure that you tell the counsellor, who may be able to change gear, or consider shifting to a different and more active counsellor. It sounds as if you have both cotnributed to the problems, and will both have to contribute towards finding the solutions needed. From the sound if it, it could be possible that you have also become Depressed during this turbulent process, and it may be worth having this assessed, as if so, proper treament of the Depression could make a big difference both to your own feelings, and also to your ability to contribute towards getting things right again.